How To Install A Roof Rack On Your Car - Sipe Roofing and General Contracting
With the weather getting warmer and more drivers hitting the open road It's essential to make sure your car is prepared for any situation. This includes packing a little extra cargo on the roof! In this article, we'll show you how to put up a roof rack on your car that is ideal for carrying any extra items or equipment you require on your journeys.
Sipe Roofing and General Contracting
What is a roof rack?
Roof Rack Installation Roof racks are an excellent method to store your equipment and provide additional storage space to your car. A roof rack is an accessory that is attached to the roof of your car and can hold a variety items, including bikes, kayaks, surfboards, camping gear , and many more.
There are a few things you'll require before you install a roof rack on your vehicle:
1. Sturdy mounting system - Racks are typically attached on roofs with bolts or screws. The system of mounting must be sturdy enough to support the weight and transportation of your equipment.
2. Roof clearance Roof clearance - The roof of your car must be at least 2 inches taller than the top product you're planning to put onto it. This is because of safety rules. This doesn't apply to bike racks that are lower than the car.
3. Vehicle strength - Before installing a roof rack, ensure that your vehicle is able to support the weight of the gear. Racks can support more weight than the majority of automobiles without causing any damage.
How do roof racks function?
Roof racks attach to your car's roof and securing a container for cargo. This lets you transport larger items than is possible with a regular car trunk. Roof racks also create additional storage for larger items like bicycles, sporting goods.
To install the roof rack on your vehicle, begin by measuring the distance between top of the roof and the crossbar of the rack. This measurement will tell you how high on the roof of your vehicle that the rack will need to be placed. After you have determined the measurements, find an appropriate crossbar bracket for the roof of your car. Install it with screws and bolts.
Next, attach one end of the strap onto one bracket on the rack, and secure it using a ratchet and screwdriver. Repeat the same procedure for the opposite end of the strap. then secure the cargo container to either side of the strap , clipping onto either side of it. Adjust both straps until they are snug against one another however, they should allow for some movement.
What are the advantages of putting up a roof rack?
A roof rack can be a valuable addition to your vehicle, providing various storage options and transport options. These are the main benefits of installing one.
* Roof racks can hold a lot of cargo. This makes them great for transporting items such as kayaks, bikes or other tools.
* They are also able to carry heavier items, like camping gear, camping equipment and pets.
Racks allow you to carry large items on long drives and hikes.
* They're simple to use and to put in place and only require a few bolts and screws to be attached to your car's roof.
Is there a reputable roof rack company near me?
Sipe Roofing & General Contracting is a top roof rack service. Their many years of experience installing roof racks on cars can help them recommend the most suitable solution for your needs.
They also offer a wide range of services such as repairs and replacement of roofs. So if you need any work done on your car or roof it is a good idea to contact them.
A roof rack will add more storage space for your car and let you transport many more people. Sipe Roofing and General Contracting can assist you in installing the right roof rack for your needs, ensuring that it's put in place safely and correctly. Contact us now to set an appointment!
Address: 2459 Corporation Pkwy Suite C, Burlington, NC 27215, United States