Wholesome Pumpkin Chili Recipe
This acid-watcher-friendly autumn dish provides the warmth and full-bodied richness of a zesty chili — without fear of heartburn. So whether you struggle with GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), chronic acid reflux or heartburn, you can enjoy this fall staple to the fullest. No onions, no garlic, no spicy peppers — no problem!
Thanks for watching!Visit Website
Autumn Pumpkin Chili
Makes: 3 servings
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil, divided
- ¼ tsp Herbamare sea salt with vegetables and herbs, divided
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup chicken bone broth (We love Roli Roti Butcher’s!)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup red, yellow, green bell peppers, sliced, divided (or chopped cooked rainbow carrots if bell peppers are an irritant)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, divided
- 2 tsp raw ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sumac, ground
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin, ground
- 1 cup black beans, canned, drained
- In a skillet, heat 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil with ⅛ tsp Herbamare sea salt. Add celery and toss to coat. Heat on low-medium covered until celery becomes soft, then add 2 tablespoons bone broth.
- Add pumpkin, remainder of bone broth, 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil, ¾ cup bell peppers, ¾ cup corn, ginger, sumac, cinnamon, turmeric, cumin and remaining Herbamare sea salt and continue to heat until warm.
- Transfer to a high-speed food processor and puree until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return to skillet and stir in black beans, remaining bell peppers and remaining corn. Heat until thoroughly warmed and serve.
Nutritional Facts (per 1⅓ cup): calories 245, fat 5.8 g, sodium 437 mg, carbs 40 g, fiber 13 g, sugar 7 g, protein 12 g